There are many definitions of a liveable city and Gecko’s list includes the following criteria.
- A city that we all want to live in will be based on principles of sustainability in all of its buildings and infrastructure resulting in low or no pollution;
- it will be safe and inclusive while providing opportunities for social interaction;
- it will be a city that facilitates active travel by walking and bike riding and efficient, affordable public transport for all.
- It will have affordable housing and variety in employment opportunities and finally
- it will have plenty of parklands and conservation areas to ensure the health and well-being of both the human and other species inhabiting this city.