Gecko House was formerly the Currumbin Primary School in the early 1900s. The building has undergone major renovations over the years and is now home to Gecko’s main office, library, and Gecko Hall which is available for hire by the public.
Recent and current hall users include: pilates classes, yoga, dance, meditation, art classes and various workshops and seminars.
Located a 10 minute walk from Currumbin beach in one direction and 15 minute walk from The Pines Shopping Centre in the other direction, this is a stunning location right on the banks of the Currumbin Creek. It is easily accessed from both the Gold Coast Highway and M1 motorway.
The hall measuring 6.3 m x 10.9 m has wooden floors, a high ceiling fitted with ceiling fans and a verandah with lovely views of the creek. Chairs and tables are available, as is a well equipped kitchen.
Hall Hire Fees
- $30 1st hour
- $10 every hour thereafter
- $5 extra half hour
- $10 Administration Fee , non-refundable, one-off fee
Electronic funds transfer (EFT) is the preferred payment option. Our bank details are as follows:
Bank Name: Bank of Queensland
BSB No: 124 036
Account No: 22299847
Account Name: Gecko
- Gecko does not hire the hall for parties of any kind
- A non-refundable keypad entry administration fee, $10.00, is payable by all new and irregular hirers
- Payment of the hire fee is required at the time of the first booking and then two weeks prior to each ongoing booking
- A refundable kitchen bond, $300, is payable by hirers when the kitchen oven, fridge, and other facilities are to be used
- All hirers are required to have a current Public Liability Insurance