Gecko has a wide range of activities in which to get involved, including: fieldwork and citizen science, campaigning, educating, event management, fundraising, grant writing, communications, marketing and more, all of which offer interesting opportunities. If you are interested in volunteering at Gecko, please complete the Volunteer Application Form.
Volunteering at Gecko is a great way to contribute to your community and the environment, build your skill base, build up your CV, meet like-minded people, make new friends or to do a student internship.
What I do changes the world!
Whether you want to volunteer on weekly, monthly or one-off basis, we would love to hear from you. We like to think of ourselves as a big family and would love to welcome you as well!
No gift of time is too small
Current Volunteer Vacancy Positions:
- Campaigns Team Member – Campaigns-Team-Member-PD.pdf
- Recycling Assistant Recycling-Assistant-Volunteer-Role-Description.pdf
- Hall Hire Assistant Hall-Hire-Assistant-PD.pdf
- Clean Creeks Project Team Members Clean-Creek-Project-Team-Members.pdf
- Treasurer’s Assistant Treasurers-Assistant-PD.pdf
- Grants Coord Assistant – Grant-Coord-Assistant-PD.pdf
- Guest speaker Coord –Guest-Speaker-Coord-PD.pdf
If you are interested in volunteering or internship opportunities in any other area, please either email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Dorothy on 5534 1412.
Training is available for all positions
Gecko’s Human Resources Team Will Welcome You
The Human Resources Team recognises the fundamental importance of volunteers in continuing and expanding Gecko’s work and operations. In conjunction with the Gecko Board, the team provides a safe and pleasant work environment for volunteers and ensures that relevant legislation is adhered to.
To provide a satisfying and positive volunteer experience for all while ensuring that key organisational duties and requirements are met.
- To fill all priority volunteer positions and have accurate job descriptions for each position.
- To have a happy, satisfied and well-functioning team.
- To engage all volunteers and members through a lively, annual social event calendar.
Resources and Methods
- A comprehensive “Volunteer Introductory Package” which provides an outline of Gecko’s operations.
- Successfully matching volunteer skills and interests with organisational requirements.
- Provide orientation, support, training and ensure mentoring to achieve highest levels of volunteer satisfaction.
- Provide an appreciative and welcoming environment, develop and maintain volunteering atmosphere through engagement and ownership.