Gecko has a wide range of activities in which to get involved, including: campaigning, environmental educating, event management, fundraising, grant writing, communications, marketing and more, all of which offer interesting opportunities. If you are interested in volunteering at Gecko, please complete the Volunteer Application Form.
Volunteering at Gecko is a great way to contribute to your community and the environment, build your skill base, build up your CV, meet like-minded people, make new friends or to do a student internship.
Whether you want to volunteer on weekly, monthly or one-off basis, we would love to hear from you. We like to think of ourselves as a big family and would love to welcome you as well!
What I do changes the world!
CURRENT VOLUNTEER ROLES AND OPPORTUNITIES:
LearnScape Garden Team Members (contact us for further details)
Event Assistant for Green Week 2021 (contact us for further details)
Please include your current CV, availability and your expectations in your email and our team will get in touch with you.
If you are interested in any of the above vacancies, please either email email@example.com.
Environmental education internship
Project marketing internship
Event Management internship
If you are interested in internship opportunities, please either email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your current CV, availability and your requirements in your email and our team will get in touch with you.
Gecko’s Human Resources Team Will Welcome You
The Human Resources Team recognises the fundamental importance of volunteers in continuing and expanding Gecko’s work and operations. In conjunction with the Gecko Board, the team provides a safe and pleasant work environment for volunteers and ensures that relevant legislation is adhered to.
To provide a satisfying and positive volunteer experience for all while ensuring that key organisational duties and requirements are met.
- To fill all priority volunteer positions and have accurate job descriptions for each position.
- To have a happy, satisfied and well-functioning team.
- To engage all volunteers and members through a lively, annual social event calendar.
Resources and Methods
- A comprehensive “Volunteer Introductory Package” which provides an outline of Gecko’s operations.
- Successfully matching volunteer skills and interests with organisational requirements.
- Provide orientation, support, training and ensure mentoring to achieve highest levels of volunteer satisfaction.
- Provide an appreciative and welcoming environment, develop and maintain volunteering atmosphere through engagement and ownership.