Clean Up Australia Day 2022 - Will you Step Up to Clean Up?
DUE TO THE CURRENT WEATHER EVENTS, THE COMMUNITY CLEAN UP DAY ON THE GOLD COAST HAS BEEN RE-SCHECULED TO SUNDAY 20 MARCH.
ALL SITE COORDINATORS ARE RECOMMENDED TO CONSIDER RESCHEDULING THEIR CLEAN UP TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF VOLUNTEERS AND STAFF INVOLVED.
Gecko is proudly coordinating Clean Up Australia Day on the Gold Coast
again in 2022 together with the City of Gold Coast.
Important dates for 2022
Business Clean Up – Tuesday, 1 March
School Clean Up – Friday, 4 March
Community Clean Up – Sunday, 6 March RESCHEDULED TO SUNDAY 20 MARCH
TO RESCHEDULE A CLEAN UP, PLEASE VISIT https://www.cleanup.org.au/bad-weather-contingency
Gold Coast has been involved in Clean Up Australia Day for almost thirty years. Over the years there has been in excess of 3,000 registered sites and 5,000 tonnages of rubbish collected.
How to get involved on the Gold Coast
1) Register a clean up site at Clean Up Australia Day website. This can be any area you think requires a clean up; a neighbouring street, a park across the road from work or maybe the grassy strip along your morning walk. If you have any problems registering or choosing a site, get in touch with our Clean Up team at Gecko, and we will help you identify a suitable clean up site for you.
2) Register as a volunteer in an existing site at Clean Up Australia Day website. You can find a listing online or by giving us a call.
3) Spread the word in Social Media and don’t forget to use the right hashtags; #CleanUpGoldCoast and #CleanUpAustralia!
DO YOU NEED HELP CHOOSING A SITE? CHECK OUT THE LISTING A LITTER HOTSPOTS BELOW OR GET IN TOUCH WITH US TO FIND A SITE NEAR YOU.
- The Spit, Main Beach
- Albert Park, Broadbeach Waters
- Salk Oval/ Beree-badalla Reserve (North side of Currumbin Creek road) Palm Beach
- Tarrabora Reserve (Palm Beach Parklands)
- Frascott Park, Varsity Lakes
- Robina Common, Robina
- Jabiru Island, Paradise Point
- Boykambil Esplanade, Hope Island
- Beattie Road Sports Ground, Beattie Road, Coomera
- Viney Park, Coomera
- Damian Leeding Park, Coomera
- Tallowwood Park, Upper Coomera
- John Siganto Park, Upper Coomera
- Cabbage Tree Point Boat Ramp, Steiglitz
- Jacobs Well Swimming enclosure area
- Kerkin Road Bridge, Jacobs Well
- Behms Creek Floodgates, Woongoolba
- Saltwater Creek (under and either side of the M1), Helensvale
What you can do throughout the year.
– Reduce, re-use, recycle and rethink the way you consume
– Dispose of your waste properly
For more information, check out: